I guess God has decided to see where we really stand on our faith.
It's time for the rubber to hit the road and for us to see if we truly do believe in Gods goodness, His soveriegnty, His provision in all things.
Most of you know that the past couple of weeks have been kind of testy.
We were waiting on the results of my sisters baby. (Which PTL she is perfectly healthy!!!!)
My Grandpa in Pa has been doing very poorly, and my Dad has had some health concerns here of late that have caused a lot of testings and doc appointments for him.
Last week I began experiencing symptoms of what I thought was a UTI.
I went to the doc in the box, got treated, and went on. But it never got better. As a matter of fact it got worse.
I was in a lot of pain Saturday night into Sunday and Monday, and I knew that something was WRONG!
I called my OBGYN office on Monday and they said they couldnt see same day appointments unless is was an emergancy. I was in a lot of pain, and asked her to just check with Dr. Radbill.
She did, called me back and said he would see me at 2. I am so thankful for that man. He delivered both of my babies and knows me. He knows that I am not a whiner and don't just come in randomly for nothing.
So I went in, he checked things out, and just as I had expected, my Uterus and my Cervix had prolapsed. I actually can feel my cervix when I sit flat and I assure you it is very unpleasent.
So I then went through some bladder testings as well.
I knew I was going to have to have a hysterectomy and bladder tack, but we were going to try to wait until June, after VBS is over.
Well, Wednesday Stacy came home "for lunch". Yeah, that never happens.
What he was really doing, was coming home to tell me that he is losing his job.
The dealership he works at is closing effective next Wednesday.
Now this is bad news, but this coupled with me needing surgery and tired of being pain, well that was a little too much for me on that day.
We called the Doctors office and they amazingly worked things out to get me in on this coming Monday. Again, I love my doctor and the care he takes for his patients. They really rearranged do get this thing done.
Wednesday I had my little pity party day. I cried (poor Ginger, I thought I was done crying, and then all she said was "How are you?" and I burst into tears and ran to the bathroom at CPC), but now I am done. This is, like I said, where the rubber meets the road.
How much do I really trust in God's soveriegnty over my life?
Did he know before the foundations of the earth that we would have this week?
Yes He did.
Did He know before the foundations of this earth that circumstances in our lives, and in our extended families life would all come crashing down at once?
Yes He did.
Do I believe that trials are meant to show us more about Him?
Yes I do.
Do I believe that He is going to take care of us?
Yes I do.
I assure you, if I didn't believe these things, I would be an utter mess. As it is, I am only slightly a mess, but a slight mess that is resting in the knowledge of the grace and mercy of my Saviour.
So where do we stand now?
There are many things that need to be prayed for at this point.
1. My Grandpa-My Mom is in Pa right now, indefinetly, caring for him and helping my Nana through all of this. It is quite sad to hear what is going on up there. I ask that we all pray that God will be merciful and take him soon. He is miserable. He fights and holds on out of his love an devotion for my Nana. It really is the most amazing love that he has for her.
2. My Dad is having an endoscopy today- Please pray for him. He has had a really hard time lately with all of this. He can't eat very much. Today none of us can be there for him while he does this test and we all hate that!
3. My Sister and her family- They were robbed last week when they where gone for 2 days to find out the status of the baby. They took a safe with there money, another missionary family money, the church money, emergancy fund money, etc...also tools, computers, my nieces cd player and a blanket off of one of their beds! My sisters boots, and favorite bag of hers, as well as her camera, and the computer that had all the pictures on it. There truck broke down in the midst of all of this too. We are praying that the person reasponsible will be convicted in his consieince, and turn himself in to be brought to justice. We pray also for his soul and his standing before God. Also for provision for my sister and her family.
4. Stacy's job situation- Like I said, Wednesday will be his last day. He has a couple of options in the works, but needs guidance on which direction to persue. Now would be a good time to get out of the car business. Pray that God will lead in direction that is best for our family.
I should be out of the hospital Tuesday or Wednesday, and after Wednesday, he is going to remain off work for the next week and a half in order to care for me.
Pray that he will be able to leave work with some money. We are unsure yet of money and how long we will be insured. He thinks to the end of the month, but we will know more Monday.
5. Pray for me and my surgery- Monday at 1:30 is when the surgery is.
Stacy has to finish out his last days at work. He just has to.
I am so thankful for my friends that have graciously stepped up to help us through this time.
My dear friend, Stacey, has offered to keep my kids in NC with her for the week. This is going to be alot of stress off of my Stacy having to worry about where they will be and a reliefe for me to not have them have to be shuffled here and there. I know they will have a great time with Stacy and her family, and it will be a little mini vacation for them!
Crissy graciously offered to take me to the hospital and stay all day until Stacy can get there in the evening. I know thats going to be a long day! Plus she gets to deal with me coming out of surgery and I don't traditionaly do well. Sorry Crissy in advance!
Other friends, like Gwendy, Michelle, Heather, Kristen and Kristin, Jeri, Kelli, Janet, have all offered to come and "babysit" me. Gwendy or Jeri will be getting me home.
I am so thankful for these friends incovienecing themselves during this time for us.
Please pray for me and my nerves. I am a processor, and I don't have time to process all of this.
I have known for almost 7 years that I can't have any more kids, but there is something VERY FINAL about a hysterectomy. I am 33 years old, and it just brings up a lot of feelings that I don't really have time to deal with.
Please pray that I don't experience a "post partum" type depresssion. Dr. R said that is a possibility. You guys know me and know I am not a depressive type person. So I will fight it with all I've got!
6. Pray for my kids- We have told them everything about the job, the surgery, everything.
Pray that this will be an experience for them of truly experiencing God and seeing Him work in His people. Pray for their safety while they are away from us for the week. And pray for them to be at peace with things while they are gone.
I have great kids and I love them dearly and am so thankful that God has given them the uniquness that each of them have that bless Stacy and I so incredibly much!
One more thing. You know I direct VBS. It starts May 31st. Dr. R said if I'm a good girl for the first 2 weeks, I should be Ok, although I will be very limited for VBS week.
I have done most everything I can do at this point. I know that God is still present in our VBS ministry and is not dependant upon me. I am very thankful for those who have stepped up to help with that as well.
Wow, what a long post! If you read all of this, then we are truly friends ;)
Thank you for lifting us up in prayer during this season we are in.
I am thankful for the working He is doing in my heart and life.