Saturday, September 4, 2010

Feelin' Crafty

I've been feeling Crafty and Nesty here lately, so I thought I'd share some of my latest craftiness.
I will go ahead right now and assure you it is nothing spectacular and that you too can do anything with Modge Podge glue and the Dollar Tree!


Project #1:
I've had this mirror, FOREVER. As a matter of fact I think it is one of the first things I bought for Stacy and I's first apartment over 11 years ago.
I still like the mirror, but it needed some work.


Enter Modge Podge & Hobby Lobby
Really, it couldn't have been easier. Modge Podge some paper, paint a letter, and add some embellishments. I like the change.

Project # 2:
I got this magnet board on my recent trip to Pigeon Forge with my sister.
I've been wanting something to hang on my back splash, that I could hang recipes on when I'm cooking.


Again, could not be easier...stickers, some modge podged clothes pins with a magnet on the back, an embellishment, and some ribbon.
Missy's my name. Simples my game.

Project #3
I've been seeing the idea all over the Internet for this dollar tree craft using a vase and a candle holder.
You get the glass candle stick holder, and the glass vase/candle holder, and glue them together.
Some people use hot glue, some people use e6000 or something like that. I use hot glue cause thats what I have.

Since Fall is in the air today, I made a little Fall candle holder. Me likey. Me ready for Fall.


Project #4:
Another Dollar Tree craft that again is SO easy.
I saw these napkin holders. I love the bubble look on the outside, and thankfully they are flat on the inside.

Enter Modge Podge Glue and cute paper!
I just so happen to have double sided paper I had bought at a scrapbook outlet store in PF. Unfortunately I only bought 1 sheet of that fabulous paper. But I have been able to make 2 napkin holders out of it.

Lookey how cute! I made this one a couple weeks ago, but I made another one today, but didn't take a picture yet. The one I made today has a tag in the middle that says "S & P", and I have, thats right, you guessed it, Salt and Pepper shakers inside it.

Oh how I love Modge Podge Glue, Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, scrapbook paper, stickers, and feelin' crafty!

For the first time ever, I am going to link to Todays Creative Blog, for "Get your craft on Tuesday". I love to see other peoples ideas and crafty craftiness.

7 comments:

Virginia said...

I love all your crafty creations. I also like your witty banter with yourself as you explain everything. You are not only inspiring, but funny, which gets two thumbs up in my book. :)

Michelle said...

YAY! I love all of it. Good ideas! I am definitely going to make a napkin holder. I can't wait.

Jeri Tanner said...

Fun fun fall! Love your bloggy self.

care-in said...

What fun stuff! And before you give me props on my cooking job...I had to stop doing it ("quit" sounds so harsh). It was fun but not rewarding enough for the time it took. Now cooking for you would be rewarding!!

Marsha said...

Girl, you are SO crafty! Love these! Love you more.

Unknown said...

These are all very cute!!

Kelley said...

Youve been a mod-pog'in fool...nice work. I love the $store napkin holder.
YOu really made some great things... WOW.

Have a great week.