Friday, August 7, 2009

Dinner Time

I have a goal for this week.
Would you like to hear it?
OK.
NO return trips to the store.
Say it with me now.
"NO return trips to the store."
Return trips to the store kill me.
First they ruin my budget, and 2nd they just annoy me.
And considering this next week is the first week back to school for many kids, plus this weekend is the "tax free holiday", (which btw is a joke if you shop in jeff co, since they are not participating. Braving crowds of half crazed school shoppers, just to save 4% is not my idea of savings at all.) the stores will be crazy this week.
So I went today to Aldi and Walmart. $80 at Aldi and $20 at WM. And if anyone in this house needs anything between now and next Friday, they will just have to live without it or starve.
There, that is my small rant. I am done.

On to dinner for this week: (btw...Friday is always fun night at my friend Crissy's, so I usually just take whatever I have on hand, or leftovers, and we all pull together our stuff. This is why there is usually no dinner plan for Friday.)

Saturday- We are FINALLY going to eat THIS Salmon.

Sunday- You know I don't cook on Sundays.

Monday- Chicken, Bacon, and Mushroom Alfredo with Wheat Rotini Pasta & Brocolli on the side
Alfredo Sauce
1 block of cream cheese
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup or so of milk
1/2 cup of paremsan cheese
S & P to taste
Melt cream cheese and butter with milk. Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted. You can add more parmesan if you like. Add s & P to taste.

Then I add some cooked chopped chicken breast, some bacon, and some sauteed mushrooms to the pasta, toss with the alfredo, and waallaa (is that how you spell that?) yummy yummy yumminess!

Tuesday- Enchilada Casserole ( I will use enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce, just because I'm cool like that) Chips and Salsa, and Corn

Wednesday- Italian Pineapple Chicken, ( I don't add the cheese to this, and today I found "Parmesan Light Italian Dressing" at Aldi that I will use)
Rice a roni (The Alabama Treat), Peas

Thursday- Worscesire beef and mashed potatoes, Green Beans

This is a recipe that my sister made while I was in Africa, and I really like it.
1 lb ground beef
Onion and garlic (as much as you like)
Worscesire Sauce
(I don't know a measurement, but a good amount. You really want to taste it!)

Saute beef with onion, garlic and worscesire.
Make mashed potatoes.
Place mashed potatoes in the bottom of greased 11X9 dish.
Top with beef mixture.
Top with about a cup of shredded cheese.
Bake 2o minutes at 350.

Lunches this week:
Ramen
Grilled Cheese
PB & J
Lunch Meat
Buffalo Chicken Wraps ( I have been craving these, and found some grilled buffalo ckn strips at Aldi today...MMMM)
Pizza Quesedillas

Breakfast:
Waffles
Cinnamon Raisin Toast
Oatmeal
Toast
Cereal

Snacks:
Bing Cherries
Stawberries
Blueberries
Grapes
Bananas
Carrots
Brocolli
Pretzels
Popcorn
Graham Crackers
Pop Ice
Cheese
Peanuts

So, what are YOU having for dinner this week? Enquiring minds want to know. I want to know.



No comments: