I'm feeling festive today!
Can you tell?
Not even Thanksgiving and I've already put up my Christmas blog. Deal.
I have never done any of the day of the week blog thingys.
But during this Christmas season I have decided to do "Tinsel Tuesdays".
Yes, I made that up. Shocking, I know.
On Tinsel Tuesdays, and there will be 5 of them, I will share Christmas ideas and tips.
Edge of your seats...I know you are!
Today's Tinsel Tuesdays tip is Planning. Come on friends, say it with me, Planning.
If there is one thing I have learned about this time of year, it is Planning.
I always have kept a notebook or binder with Calendar pages in it. This year, sweet Virginia gave me a handmade planner that I have already filled up and LOVE! Thanks Virge!
Anyways...things that are in my planning notebook:
1. List of people I need to give gifts to-what the gift will be and how much it will cost.
2. Recipes and how much each of those recipes cost to make. (trust me, this is helpful!)
3. Parties- the date, time, what I need to bring, how much it will cost me.
4. Entertaining- the date, time, what I need to provide, how much it will cost me.
5. Baking Schedule- I need to pace myself and don't want to make everything at once, I gotta spread my baking love!
6. Craft ideas- Any crafts projects I or the kids want to do...again how much it costs, and a general day we might do those.
7. Christmas Eve and Day Menu- This year my parents are coming to our house for Christmas, so I need to be prepared. I have been writing down ideas for our menu.
8. Christmas Budget- This is just me and my financial analness, but I do highly recommend making a budget for Christmas. Include any baking, entertaining, parties that require gifts, giving, and misc holiday stuff.
So my friends, I give you a week to PLAN! Check back every Tuesday between now and Christmas for more Tinsel Tuesdays.