Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ding Ding Ding...Round 2


Tomorrow morning we leave for round 2 of Holiday travel.
I must first point out that I have turned into an old woman, or someone from a different ethnic group. Please notice to your left the 2007 Chrysler 300. Fully equipped with all the hoopdyness you can handle, enough head room to hold the big old lady hair when you leave the beauty parlor, enough "class" to drive down the road with one arm out the window while the other rest comfortably on the stearing wheel looking as cool as you can be. Enough stereo to bounce the car next to us out of their lane. I think I need to go hang some dice or Mardi Gras beads from the rear view mirror!

To my friend Stacey, please don't be scared when we pull up...it's not the mob coming to get you...it's just us...the Bhamsters! Yo!

Oh my...we have quite the rental car. See its like this...our van is sad. We can't open the back of it. The check engine light is on. The check engine light blinks, and the car sputters when you go up a hill. We are getting horrible gas mileage. We have to put the 93 octane in it, just to upgrade to semi horrible gas mileage.
So hubby suggested to save headaches (which always happen when we travel at the holidays) lets rent a car. He works next to Enterprise (there...I have given them their plug!) so we get a good deal and it's all smooth sailing.
We were supposed to get a small car. He wanted to upgrade for $3 a day to a mid size...they were out of those, so for no extra charge they upgraded us to Hooopdy status!
Boy, I hope this doesn't come back to bite us later when we are mistaken for Tony Soprano, Kanye West, or Elizabeth Taylor!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

ha! You're hilarious! Hope you guys had a great time.

Marsha said...

So tell me, does it have a jaccuzzi? It looks like a stretch limo from the looks of it! It's a definite "Pimp My Ride" type vehicle.

Love the new About Me picture. Just want to know, is that one of the new plates Dad and I got you for Christmas?

Just talked to PawPaw. He's looking forward to your visit. He'll expecially stylin' in your ride!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i love the 300's. that's what scott and i rented in the spring for our trip to virginia. AWESOME!!! that's what i want for my next set of wheels. we just have to get the kids grown and out of the house, rob a bank, and learn how to cruise the scene with the mafia lean.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Love the new picture!

Kim said...

Hello. I affirm you, dearest. I have read all of your blogs and have participated in the last one. I'm sorry I didn't call you back. I forgot. I know. Sorry. I know you put all your affirmation cookies in my basket and I have dropped your cookies all over the floor and now have stomped them. I love you still. I like your hoopdy car. Let's roll.

Jeri Tanner said...

Bhamsters, I love it.

Laura said...

Missy --

This post was crackin' me up.

Also, I wanted to comment on your Adoniram Judson post. The kids and I read a book about the Judsons several years ago (while, ironically, his great-great-grandson -- I think that's the right number of greats -- was attending our church). It was riveting.

Need missionary books? Let me know when you're in our neck of the woods again. I have great ones I can refer you to at the library or lend to you (Bruchko, Peace Child, William Wilberforce, William Tyndale, Gladys Aylward, Eric Liddell).

You can read about some modern-day missionaries who are putting their lives on the line at World Harvest Mission's site. Click on the link about a married couple in Bundibugyo, Uganda, where an outbreak of Ebola virus has everyone's health at risk. This couple are both medical doctors, and they've stayed on site even though the rest of their team and even their own children have been evacuated. The daily updates are compelling.

Oh, by the way, did Lana like the "L" -- and was your mom happy with the "S"?

Stace' said...

I can't wait for you to get here, and we can get our ride on.

Crissy said...

If it makes you feel any better, I always mistake you for Elizabeth Taylor anyway.