Thursday, December 6, 2007

Special Day


Dec 7th 2007. My husband turns 36. He is such a great & likeable guy. Do you know what I mean? Some people you can just say that about.
I think my husband is like that. He has such a nice personality. It's hard not to like him. He makes me really mad sometimes, but then again, I make him mad sometimes too.
He's what I need though.
He knows how to encourage me.
He knows what I'm thinking.
He knows my quirks and still lives with me.
He makes me feel pretty and desired.
He makes me laugh. One day we were somewhere and he said something funny and I laughed harder than anybody. It made us both feel good that I thought he was so funny!
He thinks I'm funny, even when I'm not. Which is never of course because I am always funny, but if the day comes when I am not funny he will still think so!
He appreciates what I do.
He humors me on things like decorating and silly stuff.
He works so hard for our family, rarely doing much extracurricular stuff for himself.
He cares about my feelings.
He doesn't care if I sleep in or take it easy.
He is a wonderful dad!
He has taught me so much spiritually. More than I know probably.
He respects the Gospel. That sounds weak, but I guess I mean he holds it dear and he points us to it.
He is real. He's not afraid to say he's weak or he's struggling with something. Probably because he can take himself back to the Gospel.

So to sum up...I love him a lot. God has brought us through some pretty rough spots this year in our marriage, but I truly believe it has made us stronger as a couple and in our relationships with Him. I am proud of him in so many ways. I am thankful that the Lord can bring together two fallen people and sustain them through a life that can be hard. I'm thankful that He gives us the grace to not quit sometimes and too love each other more.
Mostly I'm just thankful that God gave me the Godly man that He knew I needed!
So today I will celebrate the birthday of a great husband and try to make him feel like the special man that I think he is!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Pearl-Harbor-Birthday Stacy!

Sweet post...

Marsha said...

Happy Birthday to my oldest SIL! Thank you for being an awesome husband to my daughter. And an even BIGGER thank you for giving me my Grandchildren.
You are definitely a patient man to have a wife and MIL that have some of the same traits - good and bad. And then on top of that, the fact that she can be like her Dad (and look like him too!). So what's it like kissing your FIL? haha!
Have a great day and we'll celebrate at Christmas together as usual.

Stace' said...

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!!

Well said Missy!!!

Happy Birthday Stacy!

alli said...

Happidy hippidy hoppidy woot woot birthday, Stacy! What a good and kind man! Loved reading your sweet post.

Okay. So, you have sidebar link.

At 1:30am-ish it was hilarious in my head.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's lame-o.

I'm quite sure I'll change it by the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

He's awight...just kidding...Stacy does have that likeable personality, I never thought of that! Happy Birthday!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

happy birthday stacy..

Good post missy. although I was expecting thirty six reasons why he was great! j/k.

and Marsha.. there was a line and you not only crossed it.. you rolled it up in a ball and threw it in Stacey's face... "whats it like kissing your FIL???"
LOL! I laughed so hard i think I may have to change my undergarments.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

missy,
your hubby sounds terrific. your post makes me wish that i knew him. sounds like he shares a lot of the same traits as my hubby, scott.

kim p

Michelle said...

yay! Happy Belated Birthday to him.