Friday, March 28, 2008

Springtime....La La La La!

I am singing that of course as I flutter through a field of daffodils and then relax in an Adirondack chair while sipping my lemonade.
Whatever...we have spent the morning with trash bags in the back yard. Yes trash bags in the back yard. Why did I have to clean out 3 bags of trash from my yard? Seriously, I am not a red neck, but apparently my children are! Oh well...it is done now. Currently the children are picking up all the sticks and pine cones in an effort to taunt Stacy into blowing up last falls leaves so the grass underneath can actualy grow.

I also have the aftermath of the broken pipe and the plumbers digging up part of the yard to replace it. I don't know what to do with that area now.

I realized something today about my yard...it was a great yard for toddlers and preschoolers.
Now that I have elementary age kids it seems confining. I mean its still a big yard and thankfully fenced in, but I need to figure out how to make it more fun for my growing children.
I had thought about having one of Kim and I's famous spring luncheons out here....but I think the big kids might get bored. Not sure.

But since we are in full fledged Spring ( I have started taking my Zyrtec on a regular basis now!)
it would be fun to have another outing with all of you fine people.
Perhaps an afternoon at a park or Oak Mtn.
What do you all think?

Well, I must go check on the pine cone progress.
Ta ta!

4 comments:

-C said...

hey, now, you may NOT speak about a c-section to me at this stage of the game. ugh. although, hmmm, if i had a flat stomach then maybe ... not a terrible trade-off, I guess. it's sweet that you're thinking of me so much that i invade your sleep. ;)

Stace' said...

Think fire pit, sandbox, tire swing, and croquet.

Marsha said...

Don't EVEN say you're NOT a redneck!! Only rednecks "plant" artifical flowers in their so called garden and window boxes! WHATEVER!!!
Honestly, it must be in the water there in AL 'cause she wasn't raised a redneck...well, except for her father and his NASCAR fixation.

Stace' said...

Ummm, please tell me you DIDN'T plant artificial flowers.

Girl...