I have begun randomly shopping for fall attire for the family.
Here are my very astute observations thus far.
1. Skulls are apparently very hip and happening.
2. I guess we are not very hip and happening because my kids will not be wearing skulls.
3. Geometric patterns for boys in yellows, blues, and greens are in.
4. I am not down with that. Why, why, why, would we bring the 80's back to our boys?
5. The 80's are not lost on the girls either, but I like the 80's for the girls relatively.
6. The leggings and dresses of 2008 are much cuter than 1988.
7. Instruments on clothing are also very hot this year.
8. Just wondering if most kids can even play an instrument.
9. Belts, belts, belts, belts, belts.
10. Sweaters with built in white collars. LOVE IT!
11. Thank goodness somethings don't go out of style, like a good sweater, and some cute brown boots. ( of which I am on the hunt for)
12. Rocker Tee's/ screen printed shirts.
13. Rugby shirts are starting to pop up everywhere. Old Navy even has some cute ones for girls with puffy sleeves.
14. When did Old Navy get so loud? Or am I just getting older and when I go somewhere without my children, expect complete silence!
15. Flat-Flat ballet Flats are back in again this fall. This is not good for people that are 5 feet tall.
16. Huge purses. The kind you can take to the movie theater stuffed with candy and drinks for everyone. I mean, not that I EVER do that...I'm just sayin.
17. Shirts with bands around the bottom. This is very good for me. I like this style.
18. Cardigans. This could go either way.
19. Always in style, a good pair of blue jeans. So many different styles to choose from to wear your favorite pair too.
20. Lana will not wear blue jeans. She will not really wear any pants that button, therefore I am thankful for #6, although it doesn't really leave us with an option for wearing #13.
(this was not so much an observation as a fact of which I am looking for a solution)
So there you have it folks...my two cents worth of the fall fashion front.