Friday, July 25, 2008

Stuck

Well, my wonderful van broke down AGAIN on Wednesday, so I have spent the last 2 days stuck at home.
Yesterday went by just fine because Jennifer came to do the painting and then Christy stopped by to pick up her daughter that I had been keeping for the day, and then Jeanny stopped by to look at the room.
So the day flowed and I had company.

Today though...Well it hasn't been so bad. I slept in a bit. Got up, cleaned the kitchen, read blogs, started laundry, made lunch, took a small nap, read a book, cleaned out some cabinets, and read my book some more.
I think it is just the thought that I am stranded. I wanted to go to Crissys tonight, so that is kind of bumming me out, but other than that it has been good for me to just be at home. It has been nice relaxing and reading.
I haven't read a book in a while and I really enjoy reading.
I am reading "Year of Wonders-a novel of the Plague"...after I started reading it, I realized that I have read it before, as some parts are familiar, but I don't remember enough of it to stop reading it. So I am enjoying it the 2nd time around.

I also was asked yesterday to be in charge of the music for our ladies retreat. Uh, hello! Put me in front of kids any day, but a room full of women...well, this will be a stretch for me, but I suppose the Lord would not have laid it upon their hearts to ask if He didn't think I could do it. So that has consumed much of my thoughts today as well. Please pray for me if you think of it. I have one month to plan and prepare and I really want to make sure that the music that is chosen is God honoring and has a purpose.
Oh, and if you want to come to the retreat, Fran Curry will be the speaker. Remember she used to be an NBC 13 news anchor. She now is doing stuff like this. I think it should be good. Its in Springville the middleish of August.

Well, I'm going to go throw some healthy frozen pizzas into the oven for the children. They have been asking for them all day. All day I tell you! Mom, can we have pizza now? No, you may not! Mom, is it dinner time yet? No it is not!
What is the fascination with an .89 cent frozen pizza from Aldi? They must be filled with addictive drugs that make children persist in their bugging for getting more!

Enjoy your weekend blogging people! :)

2 comments:

heather said...

I wish you had come tonight we had a great time. Sorry about the van. Hope you get it back soon. Are you going next Thursday? Talk to you later.

Kim said...

I hate your breaking down van! How annoying. Sorry you were stuck.